Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dressed for...a walk?

It is becoming a bit of a tradition for me to take the boys on an outing after work on Wednesdays- typically to the nearby park or just for a walk in the neighborhood. Now take into account the fact that I usually "cook" leftovers Wednesdays or do some sort of breakfast for dinner meal and you can easily calculate just how lazy I am feeling on these Wednesday nights... So with all that laziness deep within me why on Earth would I bother changing out of my work clothes just for on outing in the neighborhood?Is is so unnatural to go out walking dressed for success?

Ok, I will confess that sometimes I do at least change from work pants to jeans (yes- even sometimes into my skinny jeans that are my way of protesting the fact that I am growing older). But I am starting to wonder if that is just as unnatural based on the amount of people I pass by that are wearing jeans- which would be like 0 people. Generally there is no one out on a jaunt wearing jeans. Just loads and loads of people wearing good old sweatpants (have you seen the workout class that takes palce in the basketball court by the park- can we say cutesy jogging suit central?).

But I am just not a sweatpants kind of girl. I find that I look repulsive in them. The matchy jump suit ones especially bring vomit to my throat. But maybe, just maybe I should invest in a jogging suit because when you live in Val Vista Lakes, you gotta dress like you do. And I am beginning to think that means sweatpants and jogging suits.

Can't you just imagine me taking the boys out for a walk in this hot number?

Christian Audigier Women's Track Suit


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I can and you should! Especially if your midriff is showing- even better. Buy me a matching set in another color and we'll be the envy of Val Vista Lakes. I have like 3 walking appropriate pants and I hate all of them because they're ugly, but I don't have a choice.