Sunday, March 20, 2011

Date Night

Since Ben was been born I've been thinking that I need to start taking Steven out on dates so he doesn't feel neglected. Here is almost 12 months later and I finally was able to take Steven out on a date.

I took him to his first movie in the movie theater (he's only been to the drive-in before) and was major surprised by how wonderful he did. We went and saw "Gnomeo and Juliet." It was a silly little movie but Steven sat in my lap and watched attentively until the very end dance scene (he hardly even touched the popcorn I had got him). At that point, he decided he was done. He got up, danced a small little jig and then headed to the exit.

After the movie we went to Coldstone where he chose the combination of chocolate ice cream, sprinkles and gummy bears. He was super excited to get it but then ate maybe two bites of it. So, I got to enjoy the extremely chewy gummy bears and ice cream combo myself.

Anyways, I have to say it was one of the best first dates I've been on and it was pretty cheap to boot- yeah for gift cards & cheap movie tickets before 6pm!

2 comments:

Rebecca Brady said...

super cute idea!

Anonymous said...

I love date nights with my boys! I need to do some with Colin- care to double date sometime? HA!