It seems I am right back to where I was before Spring Break. Worried. My (maybe) future boss did e-mail me back (after I e-mailed her again) and we did meet over Spring Break and it seemed like everything was a-go. But go ahead and press the repeat button because here we go with the worries again.
She put me in charge of making my own business cards (which completely makes sense) so I made them online and e-mailed her a picture of them to get confirmation that they would work. When I student taught in her classroom she did have a tough time letting go of the reigns so I thought I should check for approval before purchasing them. After all I am putting her company name and motto on them.
I sent that e-mail Tuesday of Spring Break and here we are a week and a half later with no response. I even e-mailed her again (on Wednesday) under the guise of having an amazing idea for a summer class we could offer, and in that e-mail I again, of course, asked about the business cards. I would like to start handing them out to teachers so I can ensure I get business and make moneys and am able to support my family. That's all.
Anyways, my boss-to-be did express some nervousness on expanding her business when we met over Spring Break but she didn't act like she was rejecting her offer then...She took pictures of me for the website and said she was going to add me onto the site over Spring Break but she hasn't yet. Maybe I just have one, seriously busy, future boss?
Makes me wish I was going into an official business with contracts and other such fabulous things because my paranoid self can't handle this lack of responsiveness. I just wanna know if I should move forward or look elsewhere. I'm totally cool if she wants to reject me, I'd just like to be informed of such things. Soon. Now. That is all.
3 comments:
There are few things in life that give validity to impatience- and a job is one of them. You need to know. That's just it. This lady's gotta get on the ball and return your e-mail. If you have her home address, I'd suggest a light stalking- like at night when she's watching t.v.- casually knock on the window until she hears your complaints. If all else fails, my Mom is GREAT at getting angry at people who don't follow through and she'll contact her for you. Me, you, and Rebecca should all team up and make cute baby stuff and sell enough to support our families (I know you're reading this too, Rebecca!)
If she doesn't repond to your email within a reasonable time, send her a follow up. If she doesn't respond to that, call her. And if that doesn't work... sit outside her window at night tapping on the window...
woo hoo! let all homeschool our kids together and sew crafts at the same time! :)
Post a Comment