Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Joys & Worries

I had quite a great day today so I figured I should brag. It's always fun to toot your own horn right!? Despite the fact that my students are all more then ready for Spring Break, I was able to teach an amazing lesson on mixtures. And maybe I just love teaching it because it involves, pretzels, M&Ms, and animal crackers but my students were so into it and did such great jobs writing their recipes, I couldn't help but enjoy it.

After that fun I found out the my students did a fantastic job on their quarterly assessments. One of them only missed 1 question! So proud of my students!

And the goodness continued even after work. I had to run an errand with both boys tagging along and there were no tantrums, no whining, just one surprisingly helpful, little toddler and one grinning baby.

Then I got to go on my weekly outing with my boys where we were able to pick dandelions and hit pine cones with a stick (here I learned I will never be a pitcher).

And lastly, my little baby, FINALLY made some impressive crawling moves. He didn't go far but he's starting to get the procedure down!

But.... And there's always a "but" with a pessimistic person like me....

Despite all the joy, I did manage to mix some worrying into my day.

Last night I attempted to calm my worries by talking to my husband only to be reminded that he never read the manual on comforting his worry wort wife. Instead he must have read one on how to further his wives worries...

When I informed my principal that I would definitely not be returning next year she asked that I sign a letter of resignation, finalizing things. However, I e-mailed my new boss almost a week ago and haven't heard back. She did already say she wants me and expressed gladness when I said I wanted the position but now my worry wart mentality is wondering if she changed her mind.

After giving this whole spill to Tyler I asked "What if I sign my resignation letter only to find out that she doesn't want me to tutor for her after all."

His fantastic reply: "Well then, good luck."

I informed him that a simple "It's going to be ok" or "I'm sure she's just busy" would have been much more appreciated. He responded with silence.

So since he won't humor me...Will you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who? Me? I guess you're talking to me since I'm reading this. You absolutely might be right that she's just busy and isn't like most normal human beings and doesn't return phone calls. I would think you're fine to continue with your plans and things will work out. If she doesn't need you for some ca-Razy reason, you could always find another part time job or something. Tyler might have been in a sour mood last night b/c we've been bugging him daily about our shower, so blame me! He's got a lot (read: too much) on his plate too. You two are the hardest working under 30 couple with kids I know. You'll receive many blessings for your faithfulness. Things will work out, or you could not work at all and live with us. HA!

Rebecca Brady said...

1. congrats on an amazing lesson!
2. um, your child can’t crawl! he’s going to get into my stuff! ;)
3. i don’t think i need to give you a pep talk because karen took care of that :)
4. spring break!!!