With extra time on my hands and a lack of money, I have figured the cheapest thing to do with my time is to become more active. The first step was running. Now that the weather is, or should I say was, cooling down I would like to also factor in hiking.
My brother Mike is the expert on where to hike so I recruited him to come with me. We also invited my dad and Mary. Tyler, unfortunately, had a plumbing job so he couldn't come.
During this hike my suspicion that Ben would not do well was confirmed. He is at an awkward stage where he is not a pro enough walker to hike but he doesn't want to be in a carrier either. It probably didn't help that the only carrier we had was not meant for a child his size. Poor Mike ended up having to carry him up and down the little mountain we conquered.
Overall it was a fun little hike and a firm reminder at just how out of shape I am. It was ridiculous how tired I got climbing up that tiny little hill! It was also a reminder that the weather is not acting like fall weather yet. It was still a bit hot for me.
Here are some pictures of our adventure. You will notice there are none of Steven. That's because when I tried to take his picture he screamed and then dove to the ground. It wasn't worth the loudness and the possibility of him diving off the mountain so I gave up on him.
1 comment:
We have a "Ben size" hiking backpack should you ever need it. I soooo can't wait for hiking season!
Post a Comment