This week the weather finally got bearable and I was able to let the boys play outside in the back yard and we even went to the neighborhood park on Wednesday. It was so nice to be outside again. The boys seem so much happier when they are able to romp aroundand get themselves covered in dirt and sand and other such things. Sadly though, it's so supposed to warm up again and be back in the triple digits- yuck :(
Also this week I subbed 3 days which is way more than I have ever subbed this year. And it was the first time I was actually requested which made me feel special.
Doing 3 days was good because I hardly made any money last week but it was also a huge reminder of why I quit. Teaching is stressful. Sure subbing is way less stressful than being a regular teacher but you still are spending your whole day trying to manage a room full of children. And then to come home to your own children and a house that needs kept up, it's no fun. I'm so grateful that I only have to teach as many days as I choose too and that I can spend more time with my children this year. So grateful that I'm even ok with being broke.
I also learned from subbing this week that me & middle schoolers don't mesh. I am not nearly mean enough to get them to work quietly. I can get them to work...mostly. But I certainly couldn't achieve the quiet part. So therefore, no more subbing for middle schoolers. I gave it two good tries and from now on I stick with the cute, little guys. The ones that will respect you simply because you are taller than them...
And since I am amazing and sticking with this running thing, I invested in a pair of Nike Dart running shoes. And by invested I mean, spent $13. That's right I spent only $13 on these beauties. Thanks to a birthday gift card I had still for Kohls, a coupon for $10 off and the fact that they were also on sale I only had to spend $13 of my own cash. It was fabulous! And now those babies have led me to achieve 1 & 3/4 of a mile. My pace is still not speedy but it's better than a brisk walk ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment