I subbed for a preschool class the other week but there was 2 student teachers and a classroom aide in that class. So I was never alone or really that in charge. It was so EASY and a really fun experience.
However, teaching 7 preschoolers on my own was not so easy. I was in charge of the co-op this week and though all this kids are entirely adorable, they have a pretty non-existent attention span. Which I should have realized considering my own child's attention span.
It was difficult trying to educate these young minds. I definitely needed more hands on, crafty, learning stuff. I think that's pretty much the best route to go with these guys cause the one game I tried to do was an utter failure (we hid the letter "i" but Steven couldn't keep the location secret from the seeker). Trying to get them to stand when they heard the "i" sound was also a disaster. I'm way too used to older kids...
I think out of all of them though, Steven was the most difficult. He just wanted to round up all his friends and lead them to his play room. He was super naughty and ended up in his room for some of the time.
Anyways, Friday I am revamping things and going to do a bunch of hands on, crafty, learning centers and hopefully things go amazingly well. If not I'm approaching the other co-op moms to find out their secret to preK happiness. Maybe I just have too high of expectations for these cute little ones. Or maybe my expectation are just too high for myself...



1 comment:
I'm sorry to say this but if you thought Steven was naughty on his own just wait till tomorrow when colin is there! You know what happens when those two get together. Only one more day! then you get a little break for a few more weeks.
Post a Comment