Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Second Go

So on Friday I got to watch my 2 nephews and I also got to have my second go at teaching the preschool. Even with the added children, it went much better.

I know part of it was because I had my mom there to help up with the babies (Ben & my nephew Boston) but the other part that made it better was I knew what I could expect from the kids and I had changed up things a bit.

We still did circle time with songs, a book, and a lesson but afterwards instead of doing a group activity, they split up and got to pick what activities they wanted to do and they could move from activity to activity (what I like to call centers/stations). The last 15 minutes were still a bit tricky because the kids were done with any sort of structured activities but all and all I felt much better about it.

I taught the number 5, the letter J, the shape oval, and the color yellow...

Hannah and Steven showing off their art work (Hannah colored 5 monkeys Jumping & Steven stamped the letter J even though you can't see it too good)

Steven, Bryson, Birdie, Lily & Colin showing off their snack of Jell-o & Juice (I know very sugary but come on, they both start with J)

Ben and my mom joining in for the Jell-o snack

Steven feeling pretty happy because he just finished his Jell-o

Bryson playing with some play-doh


No comments: