Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday


On Saturday I told Steven the schedule for the day: clean offices with daddy, go to grams birthday lunch, nap time & then off to Colin & Logan's house. Everything was going as planned until I got home from tutoring at 2:30 and he was not napping. Instead he was insisting that it was time to go to Colin's house.

I informed him that he had not taken a nap so it was not time to go. So he asked me if he could go up to his room. I, of course, found this agreeable. Literally 5 minutes later that kid was asleep. That is true friendship right there. Willing to take a dreaded nap just to spend time with someone.

The object of his friendship:

Also Saturday after enjoying some delicious homemade pizza (made by Rebecca) and then looking at parakeets at the pet shop (since I can't afford or handle another child, I need to direct my need to nurture somewhere more reasonable) we were greeted by this special friend:

View IMG_20110...jpg in slide show

This was the first time we found a scorpion in this house and I am not happy about it. I do not like them. Not one bit. However, I think Tyler had too much fun burning it with his torch. That man will take any opportunity he can find to use his torch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm....colin's the object of MY affection too! Who knew Steven and I had so much in common?