Another Valentine's Day has come and go...
No date for us this year. With busy babysitters and busy lives we were unable to go out. But at least my hubby showed his love with all the perfect Valentine's gifts: a sweet card, a box of chocolates, roses (red & white) and a necklace. He always does go overboard but it is always much appreciated.

Also much appreciated was getting 3 boxes of chocolates from various students. Usually, since I am not the "regular" teacher, I get nuthin' so it was pretty fabulous to get 3 somethings. I was also thinking how peculiar I must have looked as I unloaded all them boxes. Maybe fate was compensating for all those sad Valentine's Days I experienced before Tyler?
I also was the given the gift of a lesson on manners this Valentine's Day I was given a little treat box full of candy by one of my students. As she walked by I happened to be stuffing my face with some of that said candy. She asked if I liked it. With a slightly muffled voice I answered "Yes" She said, "Then say the magic word." My thoughts immediately turned to the word "please" which didn't seem quite right... She could tell I was unsure of what to say so she filled in, "Thank you. You should say thank you." A lesson I will not soon forget ;)
1 comment:
Have you ever seen the commercial for the "loves embrace" necklace? A couple is in a cabin in the woods and it's raining and thundering outside. The girl gets scared and runs to her man. "Don't let go" she says. "I'm not going anywhere" is his reply and he opens the jewelery box and they...wait for it....embrace! Now you can be the scaredy cat girl when it rains cuz you have the necklace. And although we went out for a date (thanks btw), that is all I can ever hope to expect for Valentines Day. Tyler is a very doting husband. Jealous!
Post a Comment