*One of my students asked me what a "crab" is so I googled "crab" and showed her a picture. She looked at me funny and said, "What does 'What the crab?' mean then?" Recognition dawned. I then gave her a lesson on the English slang, "What the crap!?"
*And speaking of English slang....I happened to teach my eighth grade student a curse word this past Friday. I have a box full of beginning word blends and another with ending word blends. I happened to be looking at my watch when he pulled out 2 instead of carefully monitoring as I should have been. I heard him say, "Shet" and quickly looked down to see he had pulled out "sh" and "it." Thankfully his English is bad and he didn't pronounce it right. When I quickly took the word away he asked me why. I could only say, "It's a bad word." Maybe I should have educated him more but I think I'd rather leave that education up to his peers.
*Steven was counting some paint bottles and his counting went like this: "1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,8,9,10,11,8,9,10,11..." But even though my child can't count, he is able to recognize and name at least 20 alphabet letters. I think he may have his daddy's math skills and his mommy's reading skills....
1 comment:
that's funny... cuz last time i babysat, steven said, "can i watch tv? it will make me happy..." haha. such a character.
Post a Comment