Later that same day one of my third graders gave me a poem she had written. To: Mrs. H, it read. It spoke of how I was as pretty as a snowflake and my heartfelt books were heartfelt. It was quite beautiful as you can see. I placed it on my desk, only to find her some time later holding it again and reading it aloud to a fellow classmate. She handed it back and I returned it to my desk. But, that afternoon, she was once again had her poem back. Only this time she was erasing my name and writing To : Mrs. K . That would be her regular ed. teacher. "I hope you don't mind, " she said, "I didn't know Mrs. K would be here today." (she's been out on leave). I merely nodded.
Maybe tomorrow, I will actually get a gift that I am allowed to keep...
1 comment:
totally silly kids
Post a Comment