Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh My Darlings...

After a long night of coughing and breathing issues, I took the boys to the doctor's office this past Friday. They were both diagnosed with Bronchitis.They gave Steven a breathing treatment which he affectionately calls the machine the "smoke machine." After 10 minutes of "smoke" I have never seen him more hyper (and that's saying a lot considering his already crazy disposition). He was ready to go and rearing to play ("Mommy can we go now" "Mommy I wanna play" "Hi Benji!" "Let's go!" "Why aren't we going?" ). Of course the high was temporary and it was a rough weekend but he seems to be on the mend (despite a voice that sounds like he really has been smoking).

Today he wanted nothing more than to listen to "The Phantom of the Opera." He calls it his scary music and is especially in love with the song "All I Ask of You" because of the crazy phantom laughing and cackling at the end. I think we listened to the last 10 minutes of that song at least 20 times tonight. Sadly, I'm not as big of a fan of "The Phantom of the Opera" as I used to be.

I also felt some pride for my child today. He said, "Thank You" twice today and I didn't even have to tell him to. That NEVER happens! Of course, the next moment, he was attacking his brother but we've got to hang on to the positives right?

And Ben, in addition to Bronchitis, is growing in 2 more teeth and one is a molar. So that has meant more drool and more boogers (can you believe that is possible?). He is also being totally weird about food. First he hated baby food so I went shopping and tried to find big boy, yet for little boy food. Now he's suddenly choking on that food and wants baby food again. So complicated. I just hope he gets decisive because my refrigerator is overflowing with uneaten big boy, little boy food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Phantom of the Opera! I'll take Steven to see it and we can laugh together. About Jaylee's pictures, Lindsay took them last week. I was thinking we need to see "The Bachelor" together, maybe the episode when the final 2 girls meet Brad's family. That would be in like 3 Mondays. I came across this recipe for Shari Snow's white chocolate popcorn that I'm dying to try out and share with you. That -OR- we could go to the cheap theater sometime and swing by The Cheesecake Factory for some yummy dessert.