This week has been one sick week for our family. It has been full of all those nasty words that you don't want to hear and often don't want your kids to even say: poop, boogers, and vomit. There have been not just one but multiple occasions of poop in the bath tub and both kids have been culprits (plastic gloves and Lysol have become my new best friends). Both kids have also been culprits to an unending leakage of boogers and vomiting (once again I do love you gloves and Lysol). I unfortunately was also a vomiting culprit this week but at least I can aim and know better then to do it all over many pairs of shoes that are stored so nicely in one location...
But enough of the yucky talk, time for some family updates:

-When he wants my attention and I'm not listening he will say "Woohoo, mommy"
- When it's morning and he wants us to come get him he will say that the sun is open and it's time to get up.
-He has made up a song that he calls his scary song that he sings to us. I have to record it because it's too funny. It involves gun sounds and a very gravely voice.
- He likes me to lay down with him for a few minutes before he goes to sleep and every single time he tells me about the piƱata at Bryson's birthday and how everybody yelled "Candy! Candy! Candy!" when it opened. Can we say obsessive?
But as cute as he can be. He is also a little terror...
Steven can be such a contrary little guy. If he knows you want him to do something, he will absolutely, certainly, under no condition do it. This includes being potty trained. He most certainly knows when he is needs to go potty but he won't go on the toilet. Even if I put him on the toilet kicking and screaming he will hold it in until a blessed diaper is put on him. It's ridiculous. Another example of this contrariness is when I told him he was doing such a good job of feeding Ben and he yelled, "I am not doing a good job!!!!" Ugh. I hope we can get over this contrariness before the teenage years...
Ben is completely and utterly adorable and does love to hold things in his mouth as pictured above. He is often my golden child but he has his evil moments as well. His biggest issue is he wants to be where the action is always. He does not like to be left alone in a room, not even for a minute. This wouldn't be a problem if he was crawling but no such luck yet. He can scoot around on his bum or fall forward and roll places but he has not mastered crawling yet.
Sorry no pictures of Tyler and me (I know everyone is so disappointed) but we are both as busy as ever. Tyler with work, school and plumbing and me with work and the above mentioned boys. Unfortunately, I have been suffering from too many melt downs as of late. After working with troublesome students all day, I then have to deal with a troublesome toddler on my own (since Tyler is rarely home), and my patience runs out. But I have an interview for a part-time tutoring position at the end of this month and it looks promising. Financially I think we can do it and for the sake of my mental health, I need to do it. 20 hours a week to 40 hours a week will make a huge difference. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that all works out....


2 comments:
You're the blogging queen now! I enjoy reading your posts. I had no idea you had an interview for a tutoring job. That would be wonderful for you, your kids, and your mental health! Would this be after the school year is over or would it start immediately and you would leave the school or something?
Post a Comment