So I was seriously lucky enough to have 3 days of birthday fun this year, making it no surprise that this was one of my bestest birthdays ever! Especially great that their was no back to school stress to dampen my spirits.
My birthday fun began on Saturday when Tyler and I went to the the Talking Stick Resort. I was a little irked when our room wasn't ready despite the fact that we were arriving after check-in time but once we were allowed to go to our room, I was much happier. It was so fancy!

After getting settled in, we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory because I was craving it major and it definitely hit the spot. So delicious! Then we did some window shopping at the Scottsdale Mall and later returned to our fancy room.
It was so nice to sleep in and not have any children bugging us for a night and morning. The only person who did bug us was a drunken man who tried and failed to enter our room with the wrong hotel key. We were quite happy when we peeked out the peephole in our door and saw him surrounded by security. We really didn't want any visitors that night...
All in all it was a great escape from everyday life.
Sunday night we partied down with the Hatch Family. I left the camera with those pictures at their home and have been too lazy to retrieve it so those pictures will come later...
Monday morning, my actual birthday, my friend Karen was sweet enough to watch my boys for a couple hours while I escaped to Barnes & Noble, one of my favorite places. Afterwards, Rebekka was kind enough to take me to Costa Vida for lunch. My boys tagged along and they behaved surprisingly well. We then went back to my house and after I put the boys down for a nap, I got to chat with her. It's always nice to have adult conversations :)
My 3 day birthday funness ended with dinner at Red Robins where I enjoyed a free birthday hamburger and then we finished off the cake from the Hatch party and opened gifts.
Seriously I was so spoiled and feel like this was the best birthday ever!





No comments:
Post a Comment