Monday, August 22, 2011

Bad Day

I am the unluckiest person ever when it comes to cars and accidents. I WAS having such a fabulous morning. Steven was at preschool and I had just went on a stress free grocery shopping trip with Ben. Up next I had planned some more productiveness, cleaning and laundry and if you know me, these things make me happy because I do love a clean house.

And as I was pondering this wonderfulness, the light turned green on Lake Park Road and so I began to make my way though the intersection when WABAM!



A street legal Kawasaki ATV (that looked much like the picture above) ran through it's red light and I didn't even see it until it was literally right in front of me shattering my happy little day.


The man in the ATV is 69 and had to be taken away in an ambulance, potential of some broken bones but I think he should be ok. I felt horrible for him but at the same turn, I am grateful that me and Ben were ok. Only typical back and neck soreness to complain about from me. I am also so grateful that it wasn't my fault because we can't afford for an insurance hike.

The bright side is that I have been wanting a mini-van so if they decide my car is totaled then my wish just might come true.... If only that wish didn't have to include car payments. It was so nice having all our vehicles paid off.

Oh well, it seems that one of my trials in life is it to be car accidents. This is literally the sixth big accident I have been in (and no I was not the driver in them all and only 2 of them were my fault- so there!).

No comments: