I also almost lost all my money. Literally.
My mother went with us to Costco because she has the membership and while dropping her back off at her house, I suddenly had this feeling to look for my wallet in the diaper bag. It was not there. I then scoured my fancy new van to no avail. It was gone.
Well suffering a panic attack, I drove back to Costco saying many prayers the whole way. I had last seen my wallet when I was retrieving my receipt for the door check and beyond that I was drawing a blank. So my guess was a cart, or the street. Both places equally risky.
Upon arrival I retraced my steps to the cart. Nope. No carts in that region with my wallet. I harassed the outdoors cart collector. He hadn't seen anything. So it was off to lost & found.
Thank heavens, when I came a' asking they sent me to the lock box which gave me hope. And once there it was opened and I saw my beautiful wallet, quietly awaiting my arrival still full of all the cash and credit cards that I had left it with. So happy! So relieved!
Despite the high stress level of that event it was a clear reminder to me that the Lord is looking out for me. I don't usually make random checks for my wallet and I know there are many people out there who wouldn't have returned my wallet. I think after the whole totaling of my car incident this week I really needed this reminder. I have to remember that He still loves me and that their is a reason and purpose in everything.
1 comment:
wow! I'm glad you got it back! Loren left his wallet on the Everest roller coaster in Animal Kingdom and thankfully- soooo thankfully!!!- an employee grabbed it before the next ride left.
Post a Comment