Wednesday, June 1, 2011

More Painful Than Labor?

I worry that these last few days have left my neighbors thinking that they might need to call Child Protective Services on me.

Maybe it has been the shrill, constant screams coming from my home that leave them considering. Or maybe it's just the fact that those shrill screams are occasionally coming from a naked child who is standing in my backyard, peeing.

It's been a rough few days but I think I can say that we have made some progress. With some bribery (swimming, ice cream, gum, whatever it takes), my child (when near the point of bladder explosion) will not pee in his pants but rather he will pee "on the rocks" in our backyard.

I also got him to make a BM on the toilet. Of course I had to yank off his pants, and run him to the toilet while he was screaming like I was murdering him. Tons of fun. The other one was even better as I caught him squatting outside on the rocks. I know, my fault for letting him pee on the rocks but I had had quite enough of the arched back toilet screaming.

So on the positive side of this painfully, brutal, horrendous, deathly experience: The number of accidents has been low, they have only consisted of pee and they have mostly ended up on the tile. There has been no bed wetting. And our rocks have been fertilized.

I hope I will still be alive next week when we take a much needed vacation to CA to use my brother's apartment one final time. Better yet I hope that Steven is still alive for that vacation....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's time the Mommy had a treat too! Well done, Steven!