These last couple weeks Steven has not been the wonderful napper I had grown accustomed to. It's really rather depressing and I might venture to say even a bit irritating. I am so used to having at least 2 hours in the afternoon all to myself and I am having a difficult time letting go of that. So, that means I pretty much leave Steven to his own devices on those afternoons he decides a nap is not necessary. Today, we had one of those afternoons.
I was literally right next to him, shredding paper in fact because apparently the fun had faded from that task, and he was literally right next to me coloring what I thought was paper. When I glanced up from my task I noticed he was not in fact coloring paper, he was coloring his feet. As my glance moved upwards, I noticed his face was also decorated. When he saw "the look" radiating from my eyes he simply said, "I'm a monster mommy!" Yes, yes he is.

Frightening isn't he!?



1 comment:
Me: Is that good?
Colin: No.
Me: Does he look like a monster?
Colin: No.
Me: Who does he look like?
Colin: A kid. I want to see Benjamin draw on his face now.
Post a Comment