My Steven is becoming an artist. By artist, I mean I can finally tell what his drawings are supposed to be. I did a terrible job of scanning in his pictures seeing how one is a little sideways but here are a few of his recent drawings:
I like the one with the angry eyes on top. Perfect for Halloween. And I think the bottom right one looks just like Tyler!
This morning I was trying to organize some of the tutoring materials I have created. It was not going well because Ben was bent on eating and ripping my tutoring materials. However, Steven took off early in my organizing fiasco with some plates that I had written sight words on and was mighty quiet for awhile. Soon Ben had disappeared as well and though I was finally feeling productive, I felt it in my best interest to check in on the boys. This is what I discovered:
Steven had set out all my "sight word" plates, poured cereal on each one, and had pulled up all the little chairs that we own. When I entered the vicinity he asked, "Wanna come to nursery? It's snack time!" It was kind of adorable (minus all the spilled cereal on the floor).
On a spiritual note, Steven can pray on his own now. It includes a lot of thanking because he's such a gracious boy. We're also reading a verse a day from the scriptures and I have him repeat each word after me. So cute to hear him say such big words!
Last Steven fact. He is doing superbly well with identifying his letters. He loves typing all his friends names on my Kindle as I tell him what letters are in the names and he finds the letters on my keypad. We have also created a fun driveway game with letters in each circle and I direct him on what letter to hop to next. Such a smart boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment