Sunday, October 9, 2011

Camping With the Brady's

This weekend we went camping with Mike and Rebecca. It was ABSOLUTELY freezing but still so much fun. We found our camping spot in Payson around 8pm and I think it was already 35 degrees at that time. So basically I remained huddled with the boys by the fire and left Tyler to do ALL the set up. He was kind enough to not hate me for that. We then enjoyed smore's and talking late into the night. It was good times.

Sleep time, however, was not so fabulous. I begun it by burning a lovely circle into my hand after stumbling and using the propane lamp to steady myself. Ow. And then we realized that after the boys were nice and bundled up, there was a total of 2 blankets left for us. We spent the night cuddled together, with teeth chattering and wondering if we would make it through. But the boys at least had a toasty night and slept quite well.


In the morning after we woke up and then warmed up, we enjoyed cereal & hot cocoa.





After breakfast we went on a little hike in which Tyler found some amazing walking sticks & Steven found a cute little Christmas tree that he desperately wanted to take home.




After the hike the boys enjoyed being in their element: digging, throwing balls, walking around, eating junk food and just being boys. Rebecca and I enjoyed lounging by the fire, talking and reading.





Even though the night was super cold, I still enjoyed our little camping trip :)

1 comment:

Rebecca Brady said...

you seriously are so fast. you are a blogging fiend!

is that a SMILE on tyler's face in that hiking picture? very impressive that you were able to catch that on film...