So after the camp out Mike and Rebecca went with us to help us pick out our new friend. I was really grateful that they came because they helped immensely with the boys so that we could properly pick and purchase our bird. Rebecca also got quite the show as she watched the dog trainer of PETCO try to catch a bird. Needless to say things didn't go smoothly for him.
I picked this one because he had the most unique colors and I picked him because he is a he. I figured in a house full of boys, it was only right to get a boy bird.

So meet Kevin. Isn't he cute!? Why Kevin? Well, just as I had my second grade class vote on Steven's middle name, I had the third grade class I subbed for this week vote on my new bird's name. I was happy Kevin won because I liked that name the best. They chose that name because it was the name of the bird on "Up." Perfect!
So far Kevin is still seeming quite terrified of his new home but I think he'll fit right in. Steven is absolutely in love with him and wants him to sleep in his bed. Ben, enjoys waving "hello" to him and I am working on getting him to like me. Hopefully he has a good life span because we're all already attached to our Kevin.
1 comment:
i wish i had an elementary classroom of students to help me make decisions in life...
its too bad you couldn't bring them with you to the store to help you pick the bird... ;)
Post a Comment