Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"You've got a..."

So Steven has developed this habit of saying, "You've got a big bum, bum!" I'm not sure where this originated from but at Walmart yesterday, I was positive I wanted to end. Quickly. I really didn't enjoy having that phrase serenaded loudly at me for all to hear.

So I threatened him with a taste of soap when he got home if he didn't stop saying such yucky things. He quickly began to ramble about how yucky soap was and how much he didn't want to taste it. Then a few moments later, clearly from habit, he blurted out, "You've got a big-" Then realization struck, he paused for a moment and filled in, "head." He looked at me with a sly smile and imploring eyes and I just shook my head. "That's fine," I said, finding myself giving in somewhat.

Later as we were standing in light the phrase spilled out again, but this time he filled it in with "tummy." I'm not sure if we've made an improvement or not but I can say we've made a change.

1 comment:

Mike said...

In some cultures that's a compliment...

Just saying.