Monday, January 24, 2011

Pillows

I have a third grader who has been having some issues with a second grader. The second grader is a bit of a smart butt and loves to instigate fights and the third graders takes the bait always. After ones of these lovely fights I asked them both if they would like to meet with the counselor to work things out. They shook their heads "no" and went merrily on their way. Wulp, today there was some more such fighting and after some stern redirecting from me, the third grader came to talk to me. It went as follows:

"Remember what you said about the counselor?" voice, shaky and nervous.
"Yes."
"I think...I think I wanna see one with him." hand indicating above mentioned second grader.
"Yes?"
"Makes me nervous..."
"He does?"
"Will there be pillows?"
"What?"
"At the counselors? Will there be pillows? You know for punching?"
"No sweetie. That's just on TV and movies."
"That makes me nervous... The pillows."
"So do you want to meet with one?"
" What?"
"The counselor."
"I think so. I guess. I don't know. Just no pillows."

Apparently pillows are very threatening.

No comments: