And I was so lucky to experience this first hand this weekend. I was at Hobby Lobby with my boys in the check out line when the women in front of us made a mistake and initiated conversation with Steven. Of course with Steven's beautiful black eye, everywhere we went that day people were asking what had happened. Steven responded with some incoherent babbling so I chipped in and said he had decided to take a dive off the couch. The lady of course commented on how much that must of hurt and Steven took this as "Please, talk to me some more." So he begun to tell her about how his mommy had big boogers in her nose. Awkward- Let's just say I probably won't give my child an honest answer as to why I am blowing my nose ever again...
The lady then tried to end conversation but Steven wouldn't have it and he went on with how he jumped off the couch and hit his head- smacking his forehead as he spoke with his hand. "Wow! Your mom shouldn't let you jump off that couch anymore" she said, her eyes growing wide and thoughts of CPS crossing her mind. I decided as we neared check out to give her some more fuel for CPS. As Steven was pestering his brother relentlessly and then standing up in the cart(yes it was an amazingly LONG wait in line) I said, "Stop it Steven or you are going to get hurt!" Of course I meant he might get hurt from standing up in a slightly moving cart but I'm sure she took it differently....
And here is another pathetic picture of Steven with his shiner (Isn't Tyler so sympathetic?)

1 comment:
I'm always afraid that our neighbors are going to call CSP on us, because he's always crying and screaming whenever he gets sent to his room. So far nothing has happened.
Post a Comment