Sunday, January 30, 2011

10 Joyous Events This Week:

1- Tyler making the bed not just once but EVERYDAY this week. Sure the sheets were all rumpled underneath the comforter but who's complaining? I don't think this has happened since we first got married and he pretended that making the bed was a normal routine for him.
2- Eating homemade Bean Salsa that was actually made in my home by ME.
3- Having my boss (aka the principal) reprimand another teacher for sending me a nasty e-mail. Sounds high schoolish and yes, it was. But still joyous.
4- The flu making the rounds in my classroom. Yes. I was so sad for my poor, sick students, really. But I can't remember the last time I have had so many absent students, really.
5- Reading an entertaining book at red lights. Some may find this appalling or wonder why not just listen to a book on tape but books on tape are too expensive and frankly don't grant you the further entertainment of people shouting at you "Are you reading!?" as they walk by your car. Come on- it's not like I am reading WHILE driving!
6- Having food served to us within ten minutes of ordering it Friday night. Shocking!
7- Ben and Leia bonding
8- Finally redeeming my gift certificate for a box of chocolate candy at See's. Just seeing those adorable uniforms they get to wear give me joy. Then of course Steven came with and insisted on shoving the two chocolate caramel squares that were free samples into his mouth at once and I have never seen so much chocolate drool before. Slightly appalling yes but slightly humorous as well. Where's the camera when I needed one?
9- Tyler & Steven leaving me and Ben so that they could do some manly bonding at a Monster Truck Jam. That meant me and Ben could do some...uhhh...woman/baby bonding that included shopping and chick flick watching.
10- Being told by the nursery leader that my child will be a future football player based on the number of tackles he made this Sunday. Ok so that part wasn't so joyous but the second part was...The part where she said he was also the most loving child in nursery because he would help each person he tackled get back up and then kiss them all better. What a gem.

2 comments:

Rebecca Brady said...

that bean salsa was awesome! and i'm glad that naughty teacher got a good talking to. yay for joyous events!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the salsa....Loren was very impressed as well. Hooray for free chocolates, we all need that once and a while. Why didn't my boys go to Monster Jam too??? Reading at red lights? Did you get a lot of cars honking at you when you stalled to finish the chapter? What are you reading anyhow? I'm on a quest to read all books by Mary Higgins Clark right now. Steven's hair rocks. He's so cute. Colin and I were having fun staring at him during sacrament yesterday.