Saturday, August 22, 2009

Big Boy Beds & All Day Sickness


So underneath all those covers lays little Steven in his new "Cars" big boy bed. Steven is suddenly obssessed with the movie "Cars" so we decided why not go get him a "Cars" toddler bed and try out the big boy thing. The first couple days he did an amazing job and slept through the night with no problems. The last couple days have not been so wonderful. Last night we decided to take down the gate on his room door so if he woke up early he could wander around and play while we got some more sleep. Unfortunately at about 1:30am I heard little footsteps coming down the hall, then our door creaked open and little Steven peered in saying, "Mama?" He then took my hand and led me to his bed where he insisted I lay with him. He did go back to sleep but he was up again at 6am. He is very lucky he's cute! It looks like he will no longer be sleeping in on the weekends now that he's a "big boy." This is a big bummer.
Also this week morning sickness (which should be called all day sickness) has officially begun for me. I threw up Monday in front of my parents house (sorry mom & dad) and all week I have been feeling pretty lousy. I have also had some really fantastic gas pains and pressures in my stomach & other such areas. Lovely, I know. In addition to all that fun I have resorted to wearing skirts and way too baggy maternity pants for my expanding waistline. I'm only 8 weeks along but I already don't fit in my regular pants. Only a couple of people at work know that I'm pregnant and the others must be thinking that the skinny girl is finally gaining weight. This is defnintely not the funnest time of pregnancy. I'm ready to fast forward to the end already. Sad, I know. Only a zillion more weeks to go until I get to greet my little peanut and embrace sleepless nights and nursing all over again. I must be crazy to want this!

1 comment:

Family of 3 said...

I hope you feel better soon! I remember those days. Not fun :(