Sunday, June 7, 2009

Young Womens

I just got called to be the Mia Maids' Advisor in the Lakeside Ward a few weeks ago. This calling stresses me out a bit because of my Sunday and Wednesday duties.

Sundays are hard with Steven. He isn't in Nursery yet and Tyler has his own Primary Class. Steven is such a distraction to the YW but thankfully I haven't had to teach a lesson yet. They haven't released the other Mia Maid Advisor so there is two of us. I don't know if they are trying to ease me in or not but it looks like I might not have to teach lessons until Steven goes into Nursery. I hope so!

Wednesdays are hard because of mutual. Tyler always seems to have night classes which means most of the time Steven will be coming with. Once again big distraction. I also think they're going to be hard when I go back to work. Nights are sacred when I'm working because they are the only time I have to play with Steven and to get household things done. I know it's going to mean a lot of sacraficing.

However, despite my complaints, I know Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. The spirit with those YW is so strong and it seems that everytime I'm with them I feel it. I went up to Girls Camp this past Sunday and it was fantastic. Despite the fact that the lessons were catered to Youth, each one felt relevant in my own life. I am so grateful that our church has such amazing youth programs. And I really am thankful for this calling. It's great to have the spirit so strong in my own life again and it's helping me be better at things like serving, journaling (we had a lesson today so I hope to blog more), temple attendance and this calling is really helping me to realize that I've got to get my butt in gear and bring scripture study and prayer into my life again.

I know that Heavenly Father loves me and I know that this calling is what I need in my life. And I know he will help me with the hard parts of it.

1 comment:

Family of 3 said...

Jenny, you're awesome! I'm sure things will run more smoothly as you get used to everything! Good job sista!