Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oh honey, how I hate money...


When Tyler officially cut back his hours at work from 30 to 20 he was no longer able to get health insurance through his work for him and the boys. We were going to get the boys on my plan at work only to find out that they would be taking a total of $500 a month from my paychecks (plus Tyler would still have to be paying for his own insurance). Now before it had been free for just me and with the reduction in Tyler's hours there was no way we could afford this. So we decided to get health insurance on our own. But this is not working out smashingly for us...

Yesterday I went to refill Steven's Singulair (for his allergies and possible asthma) only to find out that we have a $500 deductible to pay before the insurance will pay for it. That meant that 30 pills would cost us $138! No way we could afford this! Frustrated I called the doctor for another remedy for Steven (I did not want to face night time coughing and wheezing and multiple ear infections again). They suggested over the counter Zyrtec ($8 for 24 doses- much more affordable) which will help with the allergies. As long as his "asthma" is truly allergy induced this should work for him. Please keep your fingers crossed that it does!

And this week I happened to get a nail in my tire. Did that nail decide to land in the 3 tires that were needing to be replaced anyways??? Of course not. It planted its little self right into the brand new tire I had just gotten recently. So we got to buy 4 new tires this week. Perfect.

1 comment:

Family of 3 said...

Sorry your having a hard time. If you guys need anything lets us know. We love you guys!