Saturday, August 28, 2010

Better

Well I am feeling a little bit better about things. I finally got ahead of planning and such this week so I haven't had to be staying as late at work and I didn't need to go in to work this weekend. That feels good. And after a horrendous day of trying to get my students to do centers while I met with reading groups Tuesday, I thought about things, tried some new management techniques and had much better control of my class the rest of the week. They are now working towards an ice cream party and everyday before we do centers and reading groups we discuss how we are going to behave and how that will get us to our ice cream party goal. I am just hoping I can maintain control this coming week since I will have 3 more kids joining my class and one of the kids has ADD and anxiety problems. Wish me luck!

I am also feeling better because two amazing people in my life are willing to watch my boys for free twice a month so that my mom can get a break. Now I don't feel like I am totally over burdening my mother. Thank you Karen and Tara! I owe you big time!

And speaking of my boys...Ben is finally sleeping through the night completely. He has been for the last week or so. There is no more waking and whining for a minute or two. There is now just sleeping. In fact, lately, I have been having to wake him up at 5:45 so that I can get him fed before I go to work. Of course, that silly little monkey decided today, being a day when he could have slept in, to wake up at 5:45 on his own. Oh, well...

Napping is still tricky for Ben. My mom can get him to nap around the same times everyday but he won't sleep then for me. My mom says it must be because he misses me too much during the week and wants to enjoy every moment of the day with me. That seems like a reason I can swallow :)

And for Steven....We have been having a lot of rough moments mixed in with some fun moments. The little stinker is getting quite rough with his brother again and was starting to bite again. A friend suggested having him bite soap when he bites Ben. I did it and since then there has been no biting of Ben. He will, however, mention the soap a lot. I think I truly traumatized him...Now if I only I could stop him from tackling Ben and everyone else he encounters.

It seems that kids are truly part of some of the roughest moments in my life and the brightest moments in my life. I am aiming for lots more bright moments in my future! Must think positively!

No comments: