Saturday, September 18, 2010

Things That Have Come to Pass




*As you could see, Steven's dad buzzed his hair. I'll ask Steven, "Where's your hair?" He'll of course grab is head and say "Here." I will sadly shake my head and say, "No. It's all gone."

*Steven is talking more and more and will wake up and tell me all about his dreams. The last one had to do with snakes biting him. When asked if it was scary he replied, "No. Fun!"

*Steven has also become a little more helpful. He loves to get bibs for Ben and that is fantastic since Ben goes through like 6 a day (I wish I was exaggerating but I'm really not). He always hands them to me and says, "For babies spit."

*Steven is also the cutest little library visitor. He picks out a book, takes it to a table, sits down and then proceeds to "read" the whole thing. He can also be found reading in his bed when it's time to sleep. So cute!

*Little Ben is finally getting better at eating solids. Since our first run it has been a pretty messy business. Lot's of spitting the food right out so I haven't been very consistent on feeding him them. However, at 6 months they actually need the food so my mom and I have been shoveling it in and with better results. More is actually staying in his mouth. Yeah! Baby steps!

*Ben is still following a lovely little eating and napping schedule for my mom but not for me. Weekends are still unpredictable. His feeding is pretty consistent but his napping is very random. At least he now naps in places other then his bouncers and swing. Once again, baby steps!

*Ben is rolling over but not very frequently. He has a lot of weight to move around so I'm not surprised. Last night though I made the mistake of leaving him on the bathroom floor on his back, when I came back he was on his belly "licking" the bathroom floor. Yuck!

* Ben is getting better at controlling those hands and loves to play with rattles and toys. He is also now a fan of his Jumperoo. It is so fun to watch him interact with his world.

No comments: