Up I go with small successes: My aide was finally here to help all week in the mornings! My fresh to the country students are learning things and talking more! It was quiet during my reading groups! I finally didn't have to rush my spelling groups! My first graders are writing stories rather than just: I like this, I like that, etc..! I found a way to keep my third graders productive while I am working with my first graders! And (shock of all shockers) we actually walked out to recess quietly!
And then down I would go with frustrations: Sure they were quiet for the reading groups but the rest of the day...? Why can't certain individuals ever stop talking..? So many meetings after and before school no time of my own to plan! People feeling the need to unload on me furthering my lack of accomplishing anything ! A child who after multiple corrections is still calling boys 'shes'! A teacher who says it's too much work to show pictures in her classroom for her non-English speaker! And then there's my student who is full of smart-alec remarks and who chooses to climb on top of bathroom stalls!
'Tis the life of a teacher suppose. Always having to adjust and re-evaluate everything. At least there are ups! And I have to say there are certain times when my students are quite entertaining. Mrs. Hatch "Why are you upset?" Child "He called me a cookie" Mrs. Hatch "And why is that so upsetting?" Child "Because he's going to eat me (Wailing continues)"
No comments:
Post a Comment