Fourth of July and Tyler's Birthday were definitely great and here are some of our other happenings from this past week...
Last Monday night Steven was having trouble breathing- his stomach was really sucking in and out on each breath. The next morning I took him in to the doctor. The doctor said that there was a possibility that Steven may have asthma so she gave me a breathing machine to take home. Steven called it the "smoke/fire" machine and had fun (at first) using it. Thankfully he seemed to get better after the first couple of days and hasn't used it for awhile. However, I don't think that puts him in the clear since he is back on Singular and I think that may be helping with the breathing as well. It's no fun to have such a sickly child :(
Also last week I had decided I was going to start trying to potty train Steven. On Thursday I got out the little potty, the big boy underwear, candy, a timer and a Buzz toy to show him how it's done. That day was a mess. He did not go potty in the toilet at all and my only success was that I managed to get him to sit on the potty and "try" to go. The next day I tried a lot less and was of course just as unsuccessful. The problem was he would tell me that he needed to go but would freak out when I tried to put him on the potty. So frustrating. By Saturday I had given up and had decided that even if he was truly ready, I was not ready for the frustrations (it was so hard to deal with trying to get him to sit, cleaning up pee, etc. while trying to breastfeed). That night, my little stinker, suddenly ran up to me and said he needed to go. Surprisingly he let me put him on the toilet and lo and behold he peed!!!! Unfortunately that was it and he is now refusing to even sit on the potty and try. But to be honest, I am just happy that he did it once and that at least he nows know what it feels like when he needs to go- baby steps in the right direction!
And since we are talking so much about Steven.... Today he had major success at his swim lessons! Today he swam on his back all by himself!!!! It was so cute seeing him cruise around the pool. I am major excited that his swim lessons haven't been a total bust!
Now for a little on my Ben. Napping is still an issue with him and I think I need to come to terms with the fact that he is not going to be an awesome napper like Steven was and is. He still has no schedule and he still prefers to nap in his swing but I just need to be happy with the fact that he does nap. It could be worse right?
Ben is doing well with feeding. He is now a 3 TO 4 hour feeder. About half the time during the day he eats every 3 hours and the other half he eats every 4 hours (sometimes he even goes almost 5 hours). I'm hoping that means that he is working on becoming a constant every 4 hour kid- that's be great! Ben still wakes up just once during the night to eat. I think I may try and see if I can ween him off this soon because he doesn't seem to eat much anymore during that feeding. I think he may just be waking for comfort...
Anywho, I got my "welcome back" letter from school this past weekend and I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left before I go back. Lousy! I'm so not ready for it to start again. And with Tyler talking about working from 4-8pm M-F I'm beginning to really get nervous to go back to work. I don't know how I am going to make dinner and take care of household things all by myself everyday with one kid that needs to be nursed and another that needs attention.... Hopefully I will be able to adapt and become a super mom....
Fun Summer Pictures




1 comment:
oh my cuteness! that picture of ben is hilarious. hope you're still trying to potty train that stinker... and hope you're surviving it...
Post a Comment