Monday, July 26, 2010

Hatch Reunion Camp Out


I can't believe we are already back from the camp out- it flew by! Late morning on Thursday we headed to the campsite and hit quite a bit of rain. It got so bad at one point that we could barely see a few feet in front of us. It made me quite nervous. Thankfully we got there safely but not so thankfully it was still raining. It eventually abated and we were able to get the pop up trailer that we borrowed set up and we were also able to let out a stir crazy Steven. I had been trying to keep him busy by slowly murdering Teddy Grahams but you can only do that for so long. By the time Thursday was over, I was glad for the pop up trailer, ready for the rain to end and amazed by how muddy a two year old can get in short period of time.

Friday started off with the sun out which was nice. The day was pretty uneventful. We rode the quads (which Steven loved and hated getting off), played some red neck golf (Tyler kept us in the running by getting all our points), and chatted with family (nice catching up with Tyler's cousins). It was a nice relaxing day that ended with some afternoon rain, and s'mores. Oh how I love s'mores! That night/early morning however was pretty awful. Ben woke up 3 times that night with gas and Steven woke up once throwing up (red vines and hot dogs). It was no fun and a mess to clean up.

On Saturday Steven was a cranky child and he refused to take a nap and I was a bit short tempered from lack of sleep. I spent most of Saturday yelling at Steven and the rest of it feeding Ben and reading (I was reading The Eldest again- good series). Tyler kept busy with shooting, playing water balloon volleyball and playing many games of Beer Frisbee (without the beer of course). Steven was entertained with painting pictures, a rock and a hat. The night was fun and I felt a little happier by then. Steven and his cousin Wyatt had a mini dance party. It was so stinkin' cute to see Steven shake his stuff ! Then the adults played a game of movie charades. His Aunt was particularly hilarious when she tried to act out Toy Story 3 but ended up looking like a zombie robot. I realized that night how many movies I haven't seen and haven't even heard of--- I felt so uncultured.

Sunday was mostly spent packing up but we did have a nice Sunday Service about Free Agency. We acted out the war in heaven and Tyler was picked to be Satan so I, being a good wife, was one of the one thirds that went with him and I took Ben down with me. Steven on the other hand chose good and went with Jesus.Probably the only good choice he made that weekend ;)

This Reunion definitely had it's ups and downs but I genuinely enjoyed the time I had with my children (demon moments and all) and am sad that it's over and my last week of summer is here.

Here are some pictures- I didn't take many because my awesome sister-in-law was there and she is really a much better photographer than me...
Lollipops with the cousins.

Chilling in the forest.

Painting with the cousins.

Beer Frisbee with Scott.

Silly Tyler and Ben.

Tyler and Heath playing water balloon volleyball.

Poor little Ben got too much sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical camping experience with children: there are times that it would had been more enjoyable w/o them and other times when it wouldn't have been as much fun w/o them. Sorry this is your last week of summer! We need to have a send off to school party for you...as soon as I'm not sick! How am I going to get through day 2 of this?!?!?!