Monday, July 5, 2010

The Fabulous 4th!

Last night we saw the fireworks at AJ High School with Tyler's family. Surprisingly I didn't feel like I was roasting alive while we waited for the fireworks- the weather was much better this year! We ended up sitting under a light in the parking lot that turned on and then off and then on and then off.... It was quite annoying but Steven had loads of fun playing cars in the dirt with his cousins and I enjoyed hanging with the fam.

Steven got very scared when the fireworks first started up but after some convincing ("Fireworks are not scary- they are fun! They are pretty!") he sat with his Grandma Hatch and enjoyed them. He was quite funny and I don't think he stopped talking the entire time. Some common phrases that night "Buh-bye scary!" "Fun!" "What's that sound? Choo-choo!?" "Baby fire!" "Big fire!"

Anywho, the fireworks were fun but the worst part was leaving. We were stuck in traffic, unmoving for literally 40 minutes. It was horrendous- especially when you have two cranky, crying kids. All in all though, a fabulous night. Sadly today Steven has woken up with another cold/allergies?, cough, lousiness. Here's hoping he doesn't get another ear infection!
((Sorry no pictures. Lame-o Tyler and me forgot our camera---any family members out there that have pictures they want to send our way??))

No comments: