Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Already!?


It seems to be pouring bills here lately and I don't mean dollar bills- I mean the ones where you have to pay money to other people. Bills for Ben keep coming in (I can't believe how costly a C-section is), then the registration on both our cars came up which means I also had to fix my car for emissions and then there are eye doctor bills and dentist bills and all these July birthdays which means presents to buy.... And on top of all these bills is the lovely missing pay checks from when I was on maternity leave. Our poor savings account is really getting depleted. I really do hate money-- especially when we don't have it!

The weather in Arizona right now is as usual, HOT HOT HOT! So I have been taking Steven to indoor places to play. We got to Barnes and Nobles to play with the trains, we go to the library to get new books, and we go to the mall play place. Sometimes we swim in our pool but I am really a baby about the water and would prefer it to be just a tad bit warmer. I know, I am crazy. We also spend many hours inside playing with cars, trains and LEGOS which is much more enjoyable than it ever was when I was babysitting. I love hanging out with my little man!

Ben is still doing good with eating on a schedule but we have napping issues. They are not so scheduled and he refuses to nap for more than a half hour in his crib. It's very strange because he sleeps in his crib all night but during the day the only place I can get him to nap for a long period of time is his swing. His swing doesn't even have to be on and he'll still nap in there longer than he will his crib. I hope he grows out of that habit before he literally grows out of his swing.

And Tyler's plumbing has been less everydayish lately which has been nice. I really do like seeing him at night and I really do appreciate having him home to help with the kids. However, this slowing down in plumbing jobs has him worrying about quitting his other job. He was going to quit his job and just plumb since he gets paid much better with plumbing and could then work less hours. But now he's rethinking that idea. It's frustrating because I feel like if he keeps working 30 hour weeks where he's at, he is never going to pass school and we will never be in a better financial situation. I really don't want to have to work forever. It's not that I completely hate my job- I just hate that I don't get to raise my own children.

Anyways, I have 4 more weeks of summer vacation left but I'm wishing that summer vacation lasted as long as the summer weather here does...

1 comment:

Rebecca Brady said...

i'm a baby about swimming too! it has to be HOT!

we're excited to see you in a week!