Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

Oh my poor little Steven. Last Monday we went to Chile's for dinner. Steven was happily playing with some cars at the table and jabbering away. Then he suddenly decided to sit on my lap about the same time the food came and it was at that time that- BAM! Steven threw up all over my lap (thankfully missing the food somehow). So we boxed up the food and left. It was disgusting and a half and poor Steven seemed to be more upset about the "mess" then anything else. The rest of the evening was brutal for all. He threw up everything- he would just drink some water and it would be gone. One time he ran up to me and then spewed all over me- it was fantastic.

Anyways that bug lasted the night and thankfully is done but now we have a new sickness. Steven has a major cough that he can't seem to shake. I took him to the doctor (where he cried the WHOLE time)only to find out that he also has an ear infection. Apparently no need for med's for the symptom that is keeping him (and us) up all night and hindering naps (aka the coughs) but at least we have med's for the ear infection that really wasn't showing any symptoms... Fabulous. The poor guy is a mess and my poor mom has had to deal with his fussiness and blahness since I've got work. Makes me feel guilty! I would take off but I already have to take off this Friday because I finally decided to get my tooth pulled. So excited to take a day off of work for that.

So that wouldn't be too bad if that was all the fun I had to deal with lately but I've also been having car issues. First it was the battery and then it was a crappy tire. Fixed for now but engine light is on so...who knows...

And...the final verdict was reached. I will go back to work next year (unless some miracle occurs- like winning a million dollars or Tyler magically getting a new job). I'm not happy about it but it's what has to be done I guess. I think in the long run it will be what's best for our family. I will work one more year- save up and then I'm done. At that point Tyler should only have one more year of school so with savings we should be able to make it through to his graduation. I'm trying to make myself ok with this decision but I'm not quite there yet. It makes me less excited to have Benjamin knowing that I don't get to entirely raise him. And sad that Steven will continue to favor Grammy over me. It stinks but apparently that's my life for the moment. Enough negative for now....I will try and do another positive post the next time I write...no promises though.

No comments: