Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pregnancy Blahs

The next time I get baby hungry here are some things to remember...

- The gaining of 2 inches in your waistband in 2 days is hardly pleasant. Frankly any gain to the waistband in any amount of time is hardly pleasant
- Taking the glucose tolerance test is disgusting and a bit nauseating
- Getting the RH shot in your butt feels a bit violating
- Waking up during the night to pee is exhausting, especially when you can't seem to fall back asleep
- Being unable to control your bladder when you sneeze or laugh is slightly embarrassing
- Being unable to control your flatulence is also embarrassing (especially when you are leaning over to grab something in front of your students- yes this truly happened to me)
- Your face will get fatter and your feet will grow (no denying it)
- Reaching down to get something becomes impossible (and your darn students love to leave things all over the floor)
- Picking up your toddler strains muscles you didn't know existed and leaves your breathless
- When you brush your teeth, you are likely to taste blood
- You will turn red if so much as one person pays attention to what you are saying (seriously- I have hot flashes and they are muy awkward)
- You will be emotional and cry frequently or get cranky easily or maybe just say things you regret

So to my future self, if you are thinking about having a third child soon after Benjamin, you may want to rethink this... You thought having Steven and being a pregnant, working mother was hard. Hah! Imagine juggling 2 and being pregnant- oh my child, just imagine.


2 comments:

Family of 3 said...

hahaha... Pretty much told myself that, I will get pregnant again when I've forgotten all about that stuff. So far I still remember it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like pregnancy's rough! Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I don't get baby hungry anytime soon :)