Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Steven = Happy Mom


So I was looking at the last post and I was pretty cranky then. I realized then something that most people probably already know. When baby is unhappy, mommy is unhappy. Thankfully Steven seems to be feeling much better and therefore he is much happier and so am I-- even when things are less then perfect.

So here's a run down of my crazy weekend:

Friday I got my tooth pulled and thankfully Keshia, my sister-in-law who works for the oral surgeon I went to, was not lying when she said it should be quick and pretty pain free. The biggest ouch was the numbing shot on the roof of my mouth and then I felt nothing but pressure. I just closed my eyes and thought of happy things and in ten minutes it was over. I even got to see my tooth but unfortunately I didn't think to ask to keep it. All my students think I am crazy because I could have put it under my pillow to get a pretty penny. My bad ;)

After the numbing wore off it definitely hurt but thankfully the major pain didn't last long. Also thankfully, my friend's mother brought me some amazingly tasty, soft bread and my friend brought me some Jamba Juice. I love friends.

Saturday my friend that I've known since I was 8, Katrin, had her baby shower at my home. Her sister did an amazing job with the decorations and her mom did an amazing job with the food. It was a little awkward at times when I saw people I hadn't seen for a decade who didn't recognize me but all in all it was nice. She's having a girl so it was fun to see all the cute baby girl clothes.

Sunday Steven was an angel at church- I mean off the charts angel behavior! It was great! He actually sat and drew with his dad for most of sacrament. Oh that made me happy.

Monday I ended up waking up at 2 in the morning throwing up. Not so fun. On the bright side I had to take the day off and got to hang with Steven. He rediscovered his Jumperoo from his babyhood that day and insisted on getting in it. So funny!

.

So life is much better now that I have a happy kid. Only 8 more weeks and then it will be baby number 2 time....The end of pregnancy is near!

2 comments:

Mike said...

That jumperoo Was. Awesome! I can't wait to hop back in the saddle the next time we visit!

Love ya my favorite sis.

Anonymous said...

Only 8 more weeks? Really? Didn't you just announce you were pregnant during good news minute like last Sunday? Time flies even faster when it's NOT you who is pregnant I suppose.