The pictures that did not make the Christmas Card...


I have not been wanting to go to work AT ALL this week (and yes it's only Tuesday) and in my mind I keep thinking- Can't I just go on maternity leave now? Then I thought, well why don't I count down how many weeks of actual school I have left until my maternity leave- that might make me feel better. Well, not including breaks, I still have about 14 weeks left. Sadly that number did not make me feel better. So I now I have decided I need to rid myself of all this blahness and write down things about work that DO make me happy...
*Darlene telling me about all her pet werewolves and how they eat other animals and people but not her
*Alan telling me how he hunted down 5 turkeys for his Thanksgiving dinner
*Arath persuading me not to eat him (him being a turkey) because he lived in the garbage, in a sewer, in the toilet, etc... and when I asked him how he got in so many places he just smiled and shrugged.
*My conversation with Pedro in which I told him that I don't use my plastic knives and he then told me that I could use them to saw down the lamp posts but then I would get in big trouble when they crashed into the library window
*The quacking of kindergarten student's lined up behind me
*My student's giggling over a poem in the hallway in which a middle school student wrote that they are a "cereal killer"
*Teaching my third graders the vocab. word dung
*A student writing for verbs they can do: choke
*My principal saying she loves my classroom environment (yeah me!)
*Singing the song "Days of the Week" in many different voices (tired, crazy, mad, baby...)
*My smartboard (I now have awesome interactive games on it- so fun!)
*My students asking me every Monday how Steven behaved at church
*Miraj writing a recipe in which planets, computers, raccoons, etc. were all mixed together in a cup.
*Getting complimented on my drawings (just because they look semi-better then a child's...)
*Being told that my baby (aka my belly) is growing bigger.
Ok so many of those were silly reasons which are what makes teaching fun. On a serious note, I also love it when a child learns something, when they enjoy a book and truly understand it, I love that I get to read millions of books and I love making a positive difference in their lives. So even though I may dread going to work, there is a definite part of me that can't stop loving it as well. Sure I would love to be at home raising my own child but at least what I am doing counts for something (even if the state doesn't think so).
1 comment:
Sounds like our kids love you! Too cute!
Post a Comment