Sunday, July 5, 2009

A "Wicked" Fun Week

This past week was great fun! Tyler and I were able to go see "Wicked" at Gammage. I hadn't seen it for four years and I was so glad Tyler took a hint and made sure we got tickets. I still love it! I love how it explains the whole OZ thing and of course the music is fantastic. Glinda was also quite hilarious. Even Tyler enjoyed it. So next time it comes in town I will have to coherse Tyler into getting tickets again and maybe even get my parents to come with.

The other fun thing that happened this past week was the 4th of July. That morning I took my dad to "Transformers"which I really don't recommend, lots of inappropriate crap in the beginning. Then later that day we went to a party at my friend Jillanne's house. She used to be the music teacher at my work, but she had a baby and is lucky enough to be a stay at home mom now. It was a nice party. Good food and good conversation. Everyone there was very nice!

After the party we headed out to see the fireworks in tumbleweed park. (Stupid MCC canceled theirs this year.) We parked in a church parking lot where they handed out free water and tried to convert us (OK they didn't really try to convert us but I'm sure they wanted to) and then we waited two and half hours in the horrible heat for the fireworks to start. It is much too hot here but Steven didn't seem to mind and was running all over the parking lot throwing glow necklaces and going up to random families and staring at them. When the fireworks did finally start he was lots of fun. He was a little scared at first but once he got comfortable he started babbling away and saying something that could have been "ball" or "bam." No one really knows. He also did this thing where he sucks in his breath and makes a funny sound. Super cute!

Anywho, another fun week! Too bad it means I'm getting much closer to work starting again. Blah!

No comments: