Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crazy Suggestion #2


So I did it again. I went and made a crazy suggestion. I said to my brother and his wife once upon a time, "Hey, we should go to Six Flags some weekend." And they said, "Hey, that sounds fun." And so some weekend came around and we went. And as we were driving to Six Flags I began to think, I am not such a huge fan of high things and scary things and that's pretty much the epitome of Six Flags. And then I realized I did it again, I made a crazy suggestion.

But lucky for me, once again despite some "troubles" (aka major fear and panic attacks) things turned out quite wonderfully. It was wonderful to actually be able to spend more then 2 hours with my husband and what made it even more wonderful is the time spent with him was children free. It was a much needed break for both of us and I am VERY happy we did it.

Highlight: Facing my fear and riding on the X2 and the Goliath. I think I almost hyperventilated on the X2 but I survived it (it starts you off with a huge drop-backwards- and then never slows down for a break). The Goliath was actually quite fun despite the fact that it has the tallest drop ever. I also enjoyed the Apocalypse.

Lowlight: The long lines. I thought we were going "off season" but holy cow- we had 2 hour waits on a few of the rides.

Here are a some pictures to show the rest of our good times:

Mike and Rebecca at the most delicious Mexican Restaurant ever. I wish that it would come to AZ.

Tyler says that he's imitating his father. I think he just looks ridiculous.


Once again ridiculous Tyler. He thinks he's so cool as we wait in line.

Now Tyler is trying to make me look cool as we stand in line for The Revolution. It was the first roller coaster with a loop so it was a piece of cake after riding on the X2

Awh- they still love each other.



Tyler does love his Cotton Candy,

Mike enjoying some soda and pizza for dinner. Can you believe I rode the Goliath after hogging down on pizza? I'm surprised with all my nerves I kept it all down.

Me trying to be just a ridiculous as Tyler.

On Sunday we went to Balboa Island again. If you remember the crazy Halloween house from our last visit, this is the same house but now ready for Easter (Yes those are bunnies hanging from the rafters). Such a happy little change.

Tyler picking out Salt Water Taffy (by the handfuls). We do love our Salt Water Taffy.

Mike and Rebecca enjoying a frozen treat.

On the ferry to Balboa Island. Tyler is sporting my shades since he didn't have any of his own.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was the best weekend ever! That house is seriously creepy- hanging bunnies? eew! I hope my kids never see that. I'm kind of the same way with roller coasters. I get excited to go then when it's time I almost want to chicken out but remember, "Hey. I'm an adult. I have kids. I'm a strong woman. I can handle this." [yes, I say all that in the exact wording.]Then I'm sooo glad I did. All that food looks yummy too. Speaking of food, I'm treating myself to a real (not a Barnes & Noble) slice of cheesecake Friday to celebrate Father & Sons. If you want me to pick you up something, here's their link with pictures
http://shop.thecheesecakefactory.com/order/category/cheesecakes.html Is Tyler going camping this weekend?