Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Big Easter Post

On Saturday I went with the boys to the Ward Easter Egg hunt at Spinnaker Bay Park. I fed them breakfast beforehand so I wouldn't have to stress with feeding them by myself at the park. That meant we were able to play on the playground for about an hour while everyone else ate. Then it was time for the grand Easter egg hunt. This grand hunt ended with Steven getting a grand total of three eggs before they were all taken. I was fine with that since Steven literally devoured the contents of those three eggs in ten seconds. Unfortunately, a few older children felt pity for his mostly empty basket and gave him some of theirs. He ended with a total of 10 eggs. He came home with a belly full of candy and a basket full of eggs.

(Steven killed the battery on our camera but Karen was sweet enough to take some photos for me)

Steven and his bestest buddy Colin


After the Easter Egg Hunt and a sugar crash nap, Steven colored some eggs. Last year he wasn't so interested but this year he had loads of fun dumping the eggs into each color several times. It was a very intense process for him and I think the results were pretty impressive.




After coloring eggs we went to the Easter Pageant with Katrin, Todd and Anika. I thought Steven would really be interested in it but the unstructuredness of being outside made him a little distracted. After two walks, one tantrum and lots of wiggling it was over and I was sadly, grateful. Ben, on the other hand did an amazing job. He was so fascinated by the lights, singing and dancing that he even crawled to another unknown stranger and sat contently with her for most of the pageant. I felt a bit cheated on. Sorry no pictures for that.

On Sunday Steven and his daddy hunted down the baskets. Both my boys seemed very content with what the Easter Bunny brought them.





The Easter Bunny knows my boys so well. Look how ecstatic they both got over their new toothbrushes ;)



Looking devious...


1 comment:

Rebecca Brady said...

Yay for new toothbrushes! Ben seems especially excited. And super cute picture by Karen of the 3 of you.