What a year! As the end approaches I can't believe I have survived it. Being a working mom of two has not been easy. For those of you who aren't sure what my job is, I work with students in grades 1st-3rd that do not speak English as their first language. At my school they have me pull these students into my classroom for 4 hours a day. This year I have a total of 18 students. That may not seem like a lot but it is when they all come from different grade levels, they have different levels of English proficiency and they are especially needy. It's been a crazy year thus far and has really sped by. I cannot believe it's already half way over!
After a rough Spring Semester at ASU, Tyler decided to cut back hours at work (from 30 to 20) and it seems to have worked. He was able to pass all his classes this Fall Semester! I am so proud of him because I know it hasn't been easy! Hopefully he will only have 2 more years before he receives his bachelor degree in computer engineering.
Tyler has been able to keep his job as the IT person at R&K Building supply despite the fact that building materials are not in high demand any more and they have already had many lay offs. It could be because he is the only IT person there but I like to think it's because he is really just that awesome. He has been working (this whole year) on a customer relations program. It has not been easy for him because when he started he really didn't have the proper education to create this program but as he takes more classes at ASU he finds it getting easier.
Steven is growing and I cannot believe he will be 3 in February. He is quite the chatty little toddler and truly says the darndest things (like "Whatcha got?" when he suspects you are eating candy). Steven also loves to sing. 2 Favorites of his are: "Follow the Prophet"and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." As we were sitting in the audience during the Primary Program, Steven decided to sing both of these songs loudly. We are still working on getting him to use a quiet voice during church.
Steven also loves going to the library and getting books. He has quite the attention span for books and he loves to just sit and look at the pictures. He recognizes some random letters like "S" and "O" and I think he will be an excellent reader when the time comes.
Ben is quite the chubby baby. He has huge cheeks, a double chin and thunder thighs. He is absolutely adorable and always has a huge smile to share with others. He has recently had 6 teeth break through which has been not so much fun for him (and us) but it sure adds cuteness to the smile. He has not progressed to crawling yet but can roll over like a pro and he loves to grab anything that is within his reach.
Although this year has been busy and quite challenging for the Hatch family (adjusting from just one boy to two) it has been a good one. It's those simple moments like when Steven says "I wuv Ben" or when Ben gets to giggling over something silly Steven did that bring joy to our lives. We are suprised at how fast time has gone and that another year already lays behind us but we are excited for all the joyous moments (and challenges) that lay ahead.



2 comments:
is this your way of getting out of sending christmas cards this year? haha. i forgive you, if that's the case. this was super cute! can't wait to live closer!! love you!
Ha ha Rebecca. You will be happy to know that your Christmas card was sent out Saturday but this IS our Christmas letter. I thought I would save some trees and give out my blog address instead of printing off a bunch of letters- smart right ;)
--Jenny
Post a Comment