Ben was the first to wake on Christmas morning but not because he was anxious to see what he got from Santa. No, he was just hungry. After I fed Ben I went in to check on Steven (because I was ready to open presents) and he was awake Well, he opened an eye to peek at me and then rolled over but that was awake enough for me.
When Steven came downstairs the bike that he had so wanted Santa to get him was there but he kind of gave us a lame reaction. He just looked at it, sat down on it and started pressing buttons. Even Ben gave us a better reaction. He grinned when we gave him his new toy from Santa.
As always Tyler spoiled me and the pictures below will attest to that but I think Tyler was pretty happy with his small haul as well...

After some coaxing, I got Steven to give me a smile (although it looks a bit like he's on drugs or something)
An uncoaxed smile from both Tyler and Ben.
Tyler's very excited reaction to the gun Steven got for him!
Tyler with all his new presents (the castle was probably his favorite)
Steven with his awesome gifts (He still doesn't use the pedals on his trike and he is very slow moving on the scooter but we'll get there)

Ben with all his chewable presents

Me looking spoiled as usual (and don't judge on the shirt, Tyler picked it our for my Pajamas so I had to wear it). My favorite gifts: the filing cabinet and Wii Fit (no more borrowing the Wii Fit for me)
After we opened our gifts, ate pancakes, played for a bit and watched "Toy Story 3" we headed to the Hatch home for our traditional lunch of shrimp and crackers. They were also watching "Toy Story 3" at the Hatch home so we got to watch bits of that again.
The boys got spoiled some more by their grandma and grandpa. Steven got a remote control car and Ben got another toy to chew on :) Tyler and I also got spoiled some more with a Wii game and some gift cards.

Ben with his new toy from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch.
Around 3:30 we left the Hatch home and headed to my parent's home where even more spoiling occurred. Play dough, and camera for Steven. Diaper Bag for me. Skateboard for Tyler (since his was stolen). And a singing doll and other little chewy gifts for Ben. We also had a delicious Christmas dinner. After eating, playing and chatting we ended the day by watching a classic: "Home Alone." It was a fabulous Christmas day once again!

Grandma with the new flannel sheets I got her!

Steven trying to open everybody else's gifts (and play with them as well).

Yes we are ecstatic to get more bibs from Rebecca for Ben (Have you seen how much that kid drools!??)




No comments:
Post a Comment