



I can't believe it's been a week since I had him but it's true. Last Monday (March 29th) at 1:37am Baby Ben finally made his debut. It was funny because Sunday I was becoming convinced that he would not come on his own and I was going to have to be induced again. I wasn't having any consistent contractions or anything really at all. Then that night at 11pm I was awoken by a noisy Tyler and of course had to use the bathroom. As I finished doing my business I felt an odd popping sensation and suddenly more stuff was coming out of me and it was not pee. Yes, my water had broke (and boy had it- a gush here, a gush there- quite messy). That meant that I had a free ticket into the hospital, they couldn't send me home now.
We quickly called parents, packed up Steven and our bags and headed to the hospital. Our moms met us there. Tyler's mom took Steven and headed home and my mom was there to stay. The nurse came into check how far dilated I was and that's when we heard the bad news. She said she didn't feel a head, she thought he may be breeched but she would send me down for an ultrasound to make sure. I was sure she was wrong. He had been head down all this time, there was no way he was breech. But unfortunately, he was. Because my water had broken they said they couldn't try and move him so I was going to have a C-section. Of course I had a melt down because this is not at all what I expected. And from crying I went to shaking because I was so nervous to get this surgery- AWAKE! I freaked out about getting my tooth pulled for pete's sake. Anyhow it all kind of happened in a rush and before I knew it I was getting my spinal tap and getting operated on. All I felt was pressure and pulling which was uncomfortable but survivable. When all was done I had my beautiful baby boy- 8 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long.
It was a rough next couple of days. I was hooked up to many things, including these annoying cuffs that were around my legs that were supposed to keep the blood circulating in them. They would tighten up and vibrate every few seconds and they were very noisy. Getting out of bed was quite a feat but being stuck in bed was quite uncomfortable. Coughing and laughing were also quite painful. Even nursing was hard because it meant shifting around a baby. But luckily I am feeling much better now and I can move around much easier.
Now I am trying to figure out how to take care of 2 kids. Steven has had a bad cough and has not been napping or sleeping well so that's been hard. He's been cranky and naughty. Steven is also having a hard time with being soft when touching the baby. I swear that kid is going to gouge out poor Ben's eyes or break his nose with his tweaking. It's funny because at the hospital he was scared of Ben and now he wants to hold Ben all the time. I guess that's a good thing. Hopefully he'll learn to be soft soon and I will start getting a hang of things. At least Ben has been such a good boy and is usually sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches during the night. That helps me gain some sanity :) Anywho, it''s time for me to stop writing before this turns into a novel. Big thanks to everyone who has helped me out thus far! I couldn't have done it without all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment