Saturday, March 20, 2010
False Alarm!?
So last night was long and exhausting and as soon as I finish this post I am taking a nap! Around 9:00pm I started getting contractions. They were a bit more painful then my usual Braxton Hicks so I took note of them. In a matter of 20 minutes they started occurring every 6 minutes. This happened for the next 2 hours. After 2 hours of these consistent contractions I decided it was time to call in my parents. They were over in about a half an hour. My dad got cozy on the couch at that time so that Steven could stay safely tucked in bed and my mom got in the car and followed us to the hospital. When we got there the contractions were now occurring every 4 minutes apart. I was beginning to think this may just be it. Once in the hospital they hooked me up to a monitor for the baby's heartbeat and a monitor for contractions and then checked me. I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. This was definitely progress from the 0 of both I was before. They then told me to walk around and after an hour they would check me again. If I progressed they would keep me. If not, they would send me home. After a thrilling tour of the Banner Desert halls and cafeteria (where the 3 of us hogged down on quesadillas) we headed back into my room where they checked me again. Sadly, there was no progress. She told me the contractions were just not strong enough (no wonder they weren't feeling so bad) and sent me home. She said if they got more painful or if my water broke to come back. Unfortunately, after arriving home around 3am and tossing and turning in bed neither thing happened. Instead the contractions seemed to dissipate and now I am not having any :( So it's back to waiting for this baby to come. My mom is sure that the contractions will start back up tonight just to spite us all. I already feel bad about keeping my parents up last night for no reason so I hope to not have another repeat. But then at the same time I sure would like for Benjamin to make his appearance soon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Benjamin's playing an early April Fool's joke on you! What a prankster!
You know you can't have that baby without me around. Just not cool.
Post a Comment