Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Cough, A Crash & Other Tid Bits

On Tuesday my mom went with me to take Steven to the doctor. Steven has been having terrible coughing fits that have been interrupting his sleep (and ours) so I decided to take him in. The doctor said it could be allergies and prescribed him some Singular (which wasn't working and now he is refusing to take even though I have to mix it in ice cream- fabulous). After his visit I had my own doctor's appointment to attend in the same building. I gave my mom the keys to my car and she went off to Target with Steven. While my mom was leaving Target she and another lady happened to be backing out at the same time and BAM (or as Steven said "Crash!") went my car. Now I have a very beautiful dent in the back and it is on the same side where I already have a lovely dent on the door. I think my mom was just getting revenge for all the damage I did to her car once upon a time... However, she could have done much worse to mine because we're still not even ;)

Also this week poor Ben has continued to endure torture from his brother. His hand and head have been bit, his eye has been gouged and his head has been scratched numerous times by Steven. It makes me so sad and I have no idea how to get Steven to stop. Nothing seems to work- I've tried time outs, hand slaps, saying nicely to stop or showing him nicely what he should do. I even bit Steven because I was so upset and he just laughed. Nice. Any ideas would be welcomed because clearly I have no idea what I am doing....

This week I also ventured out quite a bit by myself with the boys. I went for a walk around the neighborhood twice, we went to the nearby park once, we went to the Riparian Preserve twice and we went to the library. All our little adventures went fairly well and I am quite proud of myself. I think they would have been even better with a double stroller, I just need to find one that is worthy of being invested in. Those things are expensive!

Last thing that happened this week is that I went to the eye doctor and found out that my vision hasn't gotten worse for once. I am still at a lovely -10.5. Oh my poor boys- I hope they don't inherit my horrible eye sight!

No comments: