
Wulp, I made it through my first whole week with 2 little ones. It has been quite the adjustment. I forgot how time consuming nursing is and how emotional the lack of sleep makes me. And then there is also the newness of having 2. Steven really loves his brother and wants to "love" on him all the time. Unfortunately he still has not mastered being soft with Ben so he is constantly in trouble with me. He likes to scratch poor Ben's head and poke at poor Ben's eyes. I think he just considers Ben a toy and is testing to see how this toy reacts to torture. This means I can never leave Ben alone which makes getting ready in the morning very difficult. I have begun to put Ben in his room and put up the baby gate so Steven can't enter. This makes Steven very upset because he wants to go night, night with the baby as well. So while I shower I get serenaded by Steven's screaming and crying- it's quite fun. Luckily I have had people from the ward take Steven for a couple hours in the morning and it has given me some time to get things done around the house without worrying about Ben getting attacked. Sadly that help will end this week but at least I still have an amazing mom who will come by when asked. Anyways, I do love my boys and I know eventually I will develop routines and figure things out (like how to go on outings with both of them)- it's just a tough adjustment is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment