This is how I feel....

10 more days of work until maternity leave- there is Spring break crammed in between those 10 days but holy cow the end is near! And just in time for that end, work has decided to stress me out.
First off, after telling my long term sub. how easy things were going to be (because she seemed to be getting worried about figuring out how things work in my room and that was starting to worry me, well still is worrying me) I found out that the students who passed the test will still need to stay in my program until the next school year. WHAT!? Here I was telling her that she was only going to have 5 students! Lucky her! But now, J/K- there will still be the 9.... PLUS 2 more.
Yes that takes me to my next item of stress. I just got a first grade student straight from Baghdad, Iraq who speaks no English. Well I shouldn't say that because he does know letter names and a few words like 'cat' and 'car.' But really not much. He needs a crazy amount of help and attention and I am so not feeling like giving it. I'm pooped and the poor guy shouldn't have to suffer just because I am 9 months pregnant. Hopefully I can stay focused and help him these last few days and then hopefully my substitute will be able to help him when her turn comes. Such bad timing for the poor little guy!
I will also be getting another new student this week but he speaks English just fine. Apparently his parents don't want to label him ADHD so instead of getting him the proper help they are putting him in my class. Yes, the parents sometimes speak Spanish in their home but this child does not speak any Spanish. They pulled him out of the program previously and are now putting him back in because he is struggling in his class. The only problem is his struggle is because he has ADHD and it has nothing to do with speaking English. It's frustrating.
So yes I am feeling stressed and hoping that everything will be ready for the sub and that she will be ok and be able to handle my crazy new load. I really hope I don't go early. As much as I would love to be done with work, things are just not ready yet. Cross your fingers that this baby waits until after my last day- 3/26! And cross your fingers that I will be able to let go and let what be, be when the time comes!
2 comments:
Glad to see you still listen to your older brother sometimes... thanks for posting :)
hey! i was going to post - but its seems mike beat me to it. oh well. i can't believe your luck - a kid from iraq AND an adhd kid. that has got to be so hard! but i give you full permission to leave all stresses behind when the time finally comes. you're not allowed to think about school during your leave. just you and your new little boy. and maybe your other two boys too... but i'm sure they can just take care of themselves ;)
Post a Comment